I got this recipe from AllRecipes.com and cooked it tonight. Everyone loved it! The only thing I did different was serving the spaghetti on individual plates and spooning the sauce over the top instead of mixing it all together in a serving bowl. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a photo lol.
1 kg spaghetti
8 large brown onions, sliced
4 cloves garlic, crushed
4 tablespoons olive oil
2 x 400g cans of whole peeled tomatoes
2 tablespoons tomato paste
2 teaspoons salt
fresh black pepper
20 leaves of chopped fresh basil
1/2 cup of water
Heat Oil in frypan and brown onions and garlic until soft.
Add tomato paste and peeled tomatoes and stir until mixed.
Add salt, pepper and basil then add water, cover and let simmer for 20 minutes, until sauce thickens.
While the sauce is simmering, cook the spaghetti according to packet directions.
Strain and mix with sauce in a large mixing bowl.
- Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce (myrecipeshare.wordpress.com)
- Recipe >> Organic Red Lentil Spaghetti Bolognese (amyelandry.com)
- Spaghetti, Tomato Sauce and Garlic Bread, Creamed Spinach (thisdinnerisawinner.wordpress.com)
- My Best Bolognese (feedyoursoulfood.com)
- Heart Healthy: Delicious Spaghetti Squash Recipes (southernfood.answers.com)