I got this from a Senior Citizens newsletter Earth picked up from the local chemist. Yes, I know we aren’t seniors but there are so many great recipes, jokes handy hints etc – it’s good reading. Anyway, I gave this one a try (without the choc chips) and it really works well!
4 Tablespoons flour
4 Tablespoons sugar
2 Tablespoons cocoa
3 Tablespoons milk
3 Tablespoons oil
3 Tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
a small splash vanilla extract
1 large coffee mug
Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly. Pour in the milk and oil and mix well. Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again.
Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts (high). The cake will over the top of the mug, but don’t be alarmed!
Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.
EAT! This can serve 2 if you want to be extra good lol.
- Chocolate Cake In A Coffee Cup (geekalabama.com)
- Mama Steph’s sour cream-chocolate chip pound cake (inmamastephskitchen.com)
- Double Chocolate Oat Cookie (stayinghealthywhenhungerstrikes.wordpress.com)
- 5 Minute Chocolate Cake (girlywithdacurl.wordpress.com)
- Mint Chocolate Chip Cake (kcet.org)