Synopsis:Ben and Sally like watching the Black swans look after their eggs. They are looking forward to seeing the cygnets hatch. Then the creek floods and threatens to wash away the nest. Can Ben and Sally save Byamul’s eggs?
Storm, age 4: I liked the black swan.
Yasmine, age 4: I liked the mummy swan.
Annelise, age 7: I didn’t finish this book. It was boring.
Mum: This is an Australian book and it is beautifully illustrated, but the text is too long. The little ones liked looking at the swan, but they got very restless about halfway through while Annelise found it too boring to finish. Even I found it a little dull.
- City Park’s Only Black Swan Injured (wgno.com)
- The Black Swan Battle (beautifulgirltoronto.wordpress.com)
- Tale of two love birds ends in sadness as Regents Park black swan is killed by fox (standard.co.uk)
- Black Swans (mebanefaber.com)
- Black Swan Records (the78rpmrecordspins.wordpress.com)
What are your thoughts?