Synopsis:Have you heard the saying “your eyes are bigger than your stomach”? Well, Cat’s stomach is bigger than his eyes. He is always hungry and manages to eat everything in sight, including the washlady and her washtub, a troop of soldiers and their swords, even a king and his elephant!
But when Cat swallows his friend Mouse, that is the last straw. Tiny mouse takes Cat’s upside-down world and turns it upright again.
Text:Margaret Read MacDonald
Storm, age 4: My favourite part was when the cat ate the soldiers.
Yasmine, age 4: I liked when the cat ate the washerwoman and when the mouse cut cats tummy with the scissors.
Mum: This is a great story about the dangers of greed. It is beautifully illustrated and has a catchy rhyme which is repeated throughout the story. A good book to read to your kids.
- Off the Shelf: Cinderella & Other Perrault Tales (bookpeoplestudio.wordpress.com)
- Celebrity Cat Names, Cat Tales Of The Rich & Famous – New Book by Christina Hamilton (prweb.com)
- Picture Book Recommendation: POOPENDOUS! (nessamorris.com)
- Mouse Tales Cat Toy Giveaway 2/4 (mommiespointofview.blogspot.com)
- Nathalie Trepanier’s art (DSmagazine) (kalabalu.wordpress.com)
What are your thoughts?