The buffaloes are gone.
And those who saw the buffaloes are gone.
Those who saw the buffaloes by thousands and how they
pawed the prairie sod into dust with their hoofs,
their great heads down pawing on in a great pageant
Those who saw the buffaloes are gone.
And the buffaloes are gone.
- Sandburg poem on guns found: ‘Revolver’ (sfgate.com)
- Read This: Carl Sandburg’s Lost Poem A Revolver (chicagoist.com)
- Sunday’s Poetry Corner: Carl Sandburg (davidmixner.com)
- What is Poetry?, Definitions by Carl Sandburg (silverbirchpress.wordpress.com)
- “Revolver” Poem by Carl Sandburg (annecarolinedrake.com)