“The level of actual violence as measured by homicide…has never been lower…It may seem that we live in violent times, but even the famously gentle Bushmen of the Kallahari have a homicide rate that eclipses those of the most notorious American cities. All appearances to the contrary, we who live in today’s industrial societies stand a better chance of dying peacefully in our beds than any of our predecessors anywhere.”
~ Lyall Watson in ‘Dark Nature’ quoted in ‘Fiend: The Shocking True Story of America’s Youngest Serial Killer’ by Harold Schechter
- Coming Fall 2013: True Crime! (bavatuesdays.com)
- Progressive-Liberals and Conservatives-Which of the Two has Threatened Individual Liberties? (dadecountylawyer.org)
- Sweet Dreams (In the Mind of a Serial Killer) (trsparties.com)
- Women in Horror: Barbie Wilde (colleenanderson.wordpress.com)
- In Praise of Harold Bloom (weeringreview.com)
What are your thoughts?