- 1 cup polenta
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract (we used lemon juice)
- ½ cup raisons, chopped (we just used sultanas)
- 3 cups plain flour (we used self-raising flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (we left this out because we used SR flour instead of plain)
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg (we used cinnamon)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- Cream shortening, add sugar, eggs and lemon extract. Beat well.
- Mix raisins with ½ cup flour and add.
- Sift remaining flour and the other dry ingredients and add, mixing thoroughly.
- Drop by teaspoons onto a greased cookie sheet and flatten out with a fork.
- Bake 10-12 minutes at 400°F (200°C).
- Makes 60.
We found that we had to add a bit of water as the mixture was a little dry. We didn’t get the 60 cookies that the recipe states, but the kids were making them, so our ‘teaspoons’ were all different sizes. We found we needed to cook for 15 minutes. These biscuits are absolutely delicious and my kids just loved them!
- Sugar Cookies (nanasglutenfree.wordpress.com)
- Cranberry Cornmeal Cookies with Lime Glaze (spoonfeast.com)
- Easter Cookie Recipes, Easter Sugar Cookies (potterybarnkids.com)
- Chocolate-Dipped Peanut Butter Cookies (thethingswebaked.wordpress.com)
- Recipe for lemon wedding cookies (o.canada.com)