Like everybody else, I am finding times to be hard. With Earth on Disability and myself on a Carers Pension, stretching the money can be quite difficult. In an effort to learn some frugal tips, I have been researching how women kept house in the thirties, forties and fifties. One thing I discovered is that the humble Sunday roast was generally stretched to to at least three meals. This fascinated me, not least because I cannot remember the last time I was able to afford a roast! So I decided to set myself a challenge. I would splurge on a roast and see just how far I could make it stretch.
I am now off to the butcher to purchase a delicious beef roast.
- Juicy Rotisserie Beef (barbecue.answers.com)
- Sunday roast for £5 (thriftyeatsblog.wordpress.com)
- Roast Beef (nicolesrosetti.wordpress.com)
- Cook a Roast Beef for 25 minutes? Really?? (bitemyblog.com)
- Soul food: Henry Herbert on his mother’s roast brisket (telegraph.co.uk)
Categories: Thrifty Living