This is another slow-cooker meal. Into our slow-cooker, I placed spuds (cut into quarters), pumpkin (cut into pieces around the same size as the spuds), sliced carrots, the rest of the beef (chopped), the leftovers from the pie and pizza meals (chopped into bite-sized pieces – including the pastry), a couple of handfuls each of rice, pearl barley, red lentils & yellow lentils (all of which are always in my cupboard), a small amount of veges left in over from a bag of frozen mixed veg and the juices from the roast (defrosted). I then topped up the liquid with water until it reached the rim of the slow-cooker. The lid was replaced and the soup cooked on low for around eight hours.
For dinner, we each had a nice filling bowl of the soup served with buttered bread soldiers. The leftover soup was placed in the fridge.
Roast Beef Challenge
Meal 1 – Slow-cooker Roast Beef
Meal 2 – Roast Beef Sandwiches
Meal 3 – Leftovers Pie
Meal 4 – Pizza
Meal 6 – Soup
Meal 7 – Soup
Meal 8 – Steaks
Meal 9 – Sandwiches
Meal 10 – Soup
Meal 11 – Soup
Meal 12 – Soup
Roast Beef Challenge Summary
- Soup Diets for Veggie Lovers: Calories in Vegetable Soup (weightloss.answers.com)
- Slow Cooker aka Family Time Made Easy (metrominimalist.wordpress.com)
- Hearty Beef and Vegetable Soup Without the Fat (lowfat.answers.com)
- Stretch Those Leftovers: Turkey Barley Soup (southernfood.answers.com)
- Sweet Potato Soup (cloud9clare.wordpress.com)
Categories: Challenge Responses
What are your thoughts?