Our Roast Beef challenge was a pleasure for us all. In the end, I was surprised to get twelve meals from one humble roast. I had no idea that I would be able to stretch my roast to cover so many meals. The best bit about it was that we did not get the least bit bored with our meals. In fact, it felt as though we were actually eating better than we usually do. I had loads of fun coming up with different ways to serve our beef in order to make as many tasty meals as possible and I halved my meat budget.
I highly recommend that everybody try this challenge, especially if you are doing it tough. You will be surprised just how far you can spread a little meat and just how much fun you will have doing so. Feel free to post you experiences as a comment.
Roast Beef Challenge
Meal 1 – Slow-cooker Roast Beef
Meal 2 – Roast Beef Sandwiches
Meal 3 – Leftovers Pie
Meal 4 – Pizza
Meal 5 – Soup
Meal 6 – Soup
Meal 7 – Soup
Meal 8 – Steaks
Meal 9 – Sandwiches
Meal 10 – Soup
Meal 11 – Soup
Meal 12 – Soup
- Roast Beef Sandwiches with Swiss Cheese (pilgrimontherun.com)
- Juicy Rotisserie Beef (barbecue.answers.com)
- Roast Beef (nicolesrosetti.wordpress.com)
- What’s for Dinner: A Sweet and Tangy Beef Roast (faithfulprovisions.com)
- Soul food: Henry Herbert on his mother’s roast brisket (telegraph.co.uk)
Categories: Challenge Responses
What are your thoughts?