Butterfly was tasked with purchasing some snacks from Coles yesterday and one of the things she came home with was Lemon Lamingtons. For those who don’t know, lamingtons are a popular Australian snack consisting of squares of sponge cake dipped in chocolate and covered with coconut. In this case, however, instead of chocolate, the cakes were dipped in lemon.
I won’t lie, I was rather skeptical when Butterfly told me what she bought, but I’ll try almost anything once, so I had one for afternoon tea. Oh my goodness. If you haven’t tried these, you are missing out. They are delicious and have a completely different taste from ordinary lamingtons. Anyway, I have found the recipe on KidSpot. Here is a link for those who want to try these for themselves:
- Lamingtons – an Aussie tradition (unecarafedevin.wordpress.com)
- Gay Kookaburra #10 (9 October 2013) (gaykookaburra.wordpress.com)
- Ever Made Lamingtons? (janeym567.wordpress.com)
- Lamingtons from scratch – a little taste of home (closeencountersofthecookingkind.wordpress.com)
- Raw Vegan Raspberry and Chocolate Lamington (thepetitestreet.wordpress.com)
Yum!!! What a great concept. Thank you for sharing.
You are very welcome. I figured That it was so yummy, other people would want to try it too.
It is, very nice.