Prep Time: 15 Minutes (+ cooling time)
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
I haven’t actually tried this salad yet, but it looks delicious and I intend to make this summer. I will update this description when I have done so. I obtained this recipe from Coles Magazine, September 2015 Issue, page 38.
- 2 corn cobs, husks and silks removed
- Olive oil, to brush
- 2 flour tortillas
- 2 tsp taco seasoning
- 2 tbs lime juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil, extra
- 1 baby cos lettuce, leaves separated
- 1 red capsicum, seeded, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, stone removed, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 kg cooked prawns, peeled leaving tails intact, deveined
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- lime wedges (optional), to serve
- Heat a chargrill or frying pan over high heat. Lightly brush the corn with a little of the oil. Cook, turning occasionally, for 8 minutes or until lightly charred and tender. Transfer to a plate and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, lightly brush the tortillas with a little oil. Cook for 1 – 2 minutes each side or until lightly browned and crisp. Set aside to cool. Break into shards.
- Whisk the taco seasoning, lime juice and extra oil in a small bowl.
- Use a sharp knife to cut down the side of each corn cob to remove the kernels. Arrange the corn, lettuce, capsicum, avocado, tortilla shards and prawns on a serving platter. Top with coriander and drizzle with dressing. Serve with lime wedges, if desired.