Favourite medium length story (1,501 – 5,000 words)
Sometimes a short short story (< 1,500 words) just isn’t enough, but there isn’t time to read a long chapter story. That’s where short stories (1,500 – 5,000 words) come in handy. I have five stories which I am going to list here today:
- Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus by EchoVanity: Harry Potter, 1,885 words
This is the most beautiful, emotional and heartbreaking Drarry story I have ever read. The author has a perfect balance of present vs flashbacks that is guaranteed to break your control. Even people who normally wouldn’t cry at stories will find themselves sorely tested by this story. Trigger warning: Suicide
- The Worst Happiest Day of His Life by Amanuensis: Harry Potter, 4,613 words
This story is absolutely hilarious and so very believable.
- 85124 by OccAmy Phyre: Harry Potter, 1,660 words
A devastating theory on just what tipped Tom Riddle over the edge. Trigger warning: Holocaust
- Cauterize by Lady Altair: Harry Potter, 1,648 words
This is another story that made me cry. The descriptions of Dennis’ work are so beautifully written that I feel as though I am gazing at actual photographs.
- The Man at the Gate by kingsholto: Harry Potter/Walking Dead crossover, 1,532 words
This story is unremarkable. Nevertheless it is an amusing little anecdote that I enjoy reading on a regular basis.
I do hope you decide to check these stories out. They really are amazing.
If you want to participate in the 30 Day Fanfic Challenge, you can find the daily themes here.
Categories: Challenge Responses
What are your thoughts?