This is a super easy, economical salad that is quick to put together and will be popular with the whole family. My sister showed it to me when I stayed with her for a couple of weeks. I loved it and so do my family. It has become our new go-to side salad. You can also turn this into a delicious lunch by adding shredded chicken when you add the cheese.
- ½ iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced (you can replace this with cherry or perino tomatoes)
- ½ green cucumber, diced
- 100 grams plain goats cheese (also works with fetta)
- 2 heaped teaspoons basil pesto
- 2 tablespoons garlic aoili
- Mix the lettuce, tomato and cucumber in a salad bowl.
- Mix in the basil pesto, until everything is coated.
- Crumble the goat cheese on top, then mix through.
- Add the garlic aoili and stir through until everything is coated.
- Serves 6 as a side salad, or 3-4 as a salad.