Where are you from?
Obviously, I won’t be publishing my address on my blog, but I currently live in the beautiful Adelaide Hills.
Are you married?
Have you ever cheated on your husband?
How many children do you have?
I have three daughters. Two are adults, while the other is a teenager. I also have a teenage son.
Do you have any pets?
I used to have an extremely affectionate Koolie named Jack but I had to leave him behind when my husband and I separated.
What do you do (for a job)?
I’m not currently in paid employment. I am an undergrad student at the University of Adelaide, studying for a Bachelor of Arts with a double major in History and Creative Writing.
I saw a picture somewhere of you wearing Hijab. Are you Muslim?
No. Those of you who know me will know that I prefer not to take sides on issues I know nothing about. Having never worn Hijab, I did not feel qualified to add my voice to debates about it. Thus, I decided to wear Hijab for a month in order to gain insight into what it is like. The photograph you mentioned was taken during that period.
What kind of music do you like?
I don’t really have a favourite type of music, though I do tend to prefer people with their own distinctive voice or style. Feel free to ask if I like a specific artist or song, though. And I’m always up for recommendations!
Do you like Justin Bieber?
I have nothing against him.
What is your favourite movie?
I have an incredibly difficult time choosing a favourite film. Every time I come up with a list, I always end up thinking ‘oh, but what about…?’, so yeah, if you want to know about a specific film , feel free to ask.
What is your favourite book?
Reading is my passion and I read far too many books to be able to pick a single favourite. Here are some of the books I have enjoyed:
- The Wendigo by Algernon Blackwood
- Polgara the Sorceress by David Eddings
- The Diamond Throne by David Eddings
- Fast-Tracked by Tracy Rozzlyn
- My Friends Call Me Monster by R.L. Stine
- Revenge of the Living Dummy by R.L. Stine
- Who’s Your Mummy? by R.L. Stine
- World War Z by Max Brooks
- Father and Child Reunion: How to Bring the Dads We Need to the Children We Love by Warren Farrell
- A Taste of Australia: Authentic Australian Cuisine by Joy Ross
You can see other books I have read, have yet to read or would like to read in my LibraryThing catalogue.
Do you have a [reading] wishlist?
Do I ever! In fact, I currently have over 4500 books on my wishlist, though I do need to update it. For those who are interested, here are ten randomly selected books that I want to read, followed by a link to the full list.
- Doctor Faustus by Christopher Marlowe
- Weird U.S. The ODDyssey Continues: Your Travel Guide to America’s Local Legends and Best Kept Secrets
- From Far Away, Volume 3 by Kyoko Hikawa
- Fitzpatrick’s War by Theodore Judson
- The Third Chimpanzee: The Evolution and Future of the Human Animal by Jared M. Diamond
- Jung the Mystic: The Esoteric Dimensions of Carl Yung’s Life and Teachings by Gary Lachman
- Grave’s End by Elaine Mercado
- Murderer Hunters: The Detectives’ Inside Stories — How the World’s Most Brutal Killers Were Brought to Justice by Colin Bell
- P.S. I Love You by Cecelia Ahern
- The Boy, The Bear, The Baron, The Bard by Gregory Rogers
What is your favourite food?
I was going to write chocolate, but then my mind started reminding me of a bunch of other foods that I love just as much, like sushi, vindaloo, cheesecake, trifle, fruit salad…there are just so many! Feel free to ask me about a specific food if you are curious.
What is the weirdest think you’ve ever eaten and did you like it?
Natto. It was okay, but I wouldn’t eat it regularly.
Do you like Vegemite?
What is your favourite colour?
Royal purple and dark green.
What is your favourite holiday?
It used to be Halloween, but I don’t really have a favourite holiday anymore.
Do you have any tattoos?
Do you have any body modifications?
Do you take drugs?
You didn’t specify but I assume you mean the recreational kind. If so, the answer is no, I don’t.
Have you ever been arrested?
Democrat or Republican?
I live in Australia. We don’t have Democrats or Republicans. We have the Liberal National Party (or Coalition), which is actually our conservative party and the Australian Labor Party, who are more liberal. We also have a whole bunch of minor parties and independents. We have a preferential voting system and my first preference changes according to current policy and who’s actually running. I can say I’m not a fan of the Coalition.
Will you do a plug for my product/book/business?
I’m surprised at how often this question comes up considering I only have a handful of regular readers. I’m afraid the answer has to be no. I don’t do the whole advertising thing. Sorry. I am, however, happy to review stuff I’ve actually used, but be warned — if I don’t like it, I will say so.
I linked to your post. Why did you not link back?
First of all, thank you for linking to my post. I’m glad you found it interesting! Please do not take my not linking back to mean I dislike your blog. I’m sure your content is perfectly fine. However, my related links are based purely on relevance to what I have written, not on what I might read on other topics!