My name is Nurture and I am the owner of this blog. I have been asked so many questions about myself, my life and my family that I decided to format this page as a Q & A session. If you have a question you would like answered, just use the contact form at the bottom of this page.
Where are you from?
Obviously, I won’t be publishing my address on my blog, but I currently live in the western suburbs of Sydney, Australia.
Are you married?
Have you ever cheated on your husband?
No, I have not. However, we do have an open relationship, so I have experimented with other partners.
How many children do you have?
I have three beautiful daughters and one very cheeky son.
Do you have any pets?
Yes, I do. I have an extremely affectionate Koolie named Jack.
What do you do (for a job)?
I am not working at the moment, though I am looking for a job. I am also caring for my ill husband and I am preparing to write my first novel.
I saw a picture somewhere of you wearing Hijab. Are you Muslim?
No. Those of you who know me will know that I prefer not to take sides on issues I know nothing about. Having never worn Hijab, I did not feel qualified to add my voice to debates about it. Thus, I decided to wear Hijab for a month in order to gain insight into what it is like. The photograph you mentioned was taken during that period.
What kind of music do you like?
I don’t really have a favourite type of music. I like most kinds. Having said that, I do tend to prefer people with their own distinctive voice or style. Here is some random music that I like:
- Joker’s Song by Miracle of Sound
- ALL THE WAY – Jacksepticeye Songify Remix by Schmoyoho
- Michael Jackson
- Revolution by Tracy Chapman
- Billy Joel
- Damh the Bard
- Left of Center by Suzanne Vega
- Goody Two Shoes by Adam Ant
- Accidently Kelly Street by Frente
- Mamas & The Papas
Do you like Justin Bieber?
I have nothing against his music, but I do not like his behaviour.
Do you like [insert favourite movie here]? I do not have the time or the space to respond to every movie I am asked about. Instead, here are some random movies that I liked:
- Independence Day
- Romeo & Juliet (version starring Leonardo De Caprio)
- The Day After Tomorrow
- Monty Python and the Holy Grail
- The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
- Spirited Away
- Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
- High Plains Drifter
What is your favourite book?
Reading is my passion and I read far too many books to be able to pick a single favourite. Here are some of the books I have enjoyed:
- The House of Thunder by Dean Koontz
- The Reality War Book 1: The Slough of Despond by Tim C. Taylor
- The Foundling by Georgette Heyer
- Chameleon was a Spy by Diane Redfield Massie
- The Innkeeper of Bethlehem-The Story of Santa Claus by Scott Roloff
- Mr. Brown Can Moo! Can You? by Dr. Seuss
- Fear by Michael Grant
- Come In Spinner – A Treasury Of Popular Australian Humour by Bill Wannan
- Creep from the Deep by R. L. Stine
- Desperation by Stephen King
You can see other books I have read, have yet to read or would like to read in my LibraryThing catalogue.
Do you have a [reading] wishlist?
Do I ever! In fact, I currently have over three thousand books on my wishlist! For those who are interested, here are ten randomly selected books that I want to read, followed by a link to the full list.
- But Inside I’m Screaming by Elizabeth Flock
- Sex, Drugs, and Sea Slime: The Oceans’ Oddest Creatures and Why They Matter by Ellen Prager
- 07-Ghost 15 by Yuki Amemiya
- The Bippolo Seed and other lost stories by Dr. Seuss
- Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier
- Crime of Silence by Patricia Carlon
- A Banner Bold the Diary of Rosa Aarons by Nadia Wheatley
- Mission Control, This is Apollo: The Story of the First Voyages to the Moon by Andrew Chaikin
- The Roving Party by Rohan Wilson
- Hitler’s Suppressed and Still-Secret Weapons, Science and Technology by Henry Stevens
What is your favourite food?
I was going to write chocolate, but then my mind started reminding me of a bunch of other foods that I love just as much, so I have put together a listography list. Here are ten random foods from my list:
- Carrot Cake
- Tomato sandwiches
- Jelly and custard
- Boysenberry ice-cream
- Chocolate ice cream
- Macadamia Nuts
- Chocolate Cake
What is the weirdest think you’ve ever eaten and did you like it?
Natto and yes, but I wouldn’t eat it regularly.
Do you like Vegemite?
What is your favourite colour?
What is your favourite holiday?
Do you have any tattoos?
Do you have any body modifications?
I used to have a single piercing in each ear but they have closed up, so I need to get them re-done.
Do you take drugs?
You didn’t specify but I assume you mean the illegal kind. If so, the answer is no, I don’t. I do, of course, take my meds!
Have you ever been arrested?
Democrat or Republican?
I live in Australia. We don’t have Democrats or Republicans. We have Liberals (not the same as liberals) and Labor. And a whole bunch of minor parties and independents. As for my preferences, I don’t have a set voting system. It changes according to current policy.
Will you do a plug for my product/book/business?
I linked to your post. Why did you not link back?
First of all, thank you for linking to my post. I’m glad you found it interesting! Please do not take my not linking back to mean I dislike your blog. I’m sure your content is perfectly fine. However, the links at the end of my posts are based purely on relevance to what I have written, not on what I might read on other topics!