Where are you from?
Obviously, I won’t be publishing my address on my blog, but I currently live in the beautiful Adelaide Hills.
Are you married?
Have you ever cheated on your husband?
How many children do you have?
I have three daughters. Two are adults, while the other is a teenager. I also have a teenage son.
Do you have any pets?
I used to have an extremely affectionate Koolie named Jack but I had to leave him behind when my husband and I separated.
What do you do (for a job)?
I’m not currently in paid employment. I am studying a University Prep Program at the University of Adelaide. I have one more semester in the program before hopefully moving on to a Bachelor of Teaching (Secondary) with Bachelor of Arts next year.
I saw a picture somewhere of you wearing Hijab. Are you Muslim?
No. Those of you who know me will know that I prefer not to take sides on issues I know nothing about. Having never worn Hijab, I did not feel qualified to add my voice to debates about it. Thus, I decided to wear Hijab for a month in order to gain insight into what it is like. The photograph you mentioned was taken during that period.
What kind of music do you like?
I don’t really have a favourite type of music. When put on the spot I guess I’d choose Indie, but really I like most kinds. I do tend to prefer people with their own distinctive voice or style, though. Here is some random music that I like:
- What Brothers Do by Brendan Walmsley
- Billy Joel
- Behind the Wall by Tracy Chapman
- All The Way – Jacksepticeye Songify Remix by Schmoyoho
- Cat Stevens
- Fast Car by Tracy Chapman
- Hey Christina by The Pigs
- This Song Saved My Life by Simple Plan
- Simon & Garfunkel
- Revolution by Tracy Chapman
Do you like Justin Bieber?
I have nothing against him.
Do you like [insert favourite movie here]?
I don’t have the time or the space to respond to every movie I am asked about. Instead, here are some random movies that I liked:
- Spirited Away
- Much Ado About Nothing (starring Emma Thompson)
- The Road to El Dorado
- Scent of a Woman
- Down Periscope
- The Godfather movies
- The Day After Tomorrow
- Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron
What is your favourite book?
Reading is my passion and I read far too many books to be able to pick a single favourite. Here are some of the books I have enjoyed:
- Graham Masterton Omnibus: The Hymn/Night Plague by Graham Masterton
- Encyclopedia of Creative Cooking : a step-by-step guide to the world’s best cooking : Volume 1 – Soups and Starters
- Sheep dogs by Jack Bedson
- Area 7 by Matthew Reilly
- Jude the Obscure by Thomas Hardy
- Guardians of the West by David Eddings
- The Dark Tide by Andrew Gross
- Letters to a Young Politician by Alistair McAlpine
- Pigs might fly by Emily Rodda
- Gun Alley: Murder, Lies and Failure of Justice by Kevin Morgan
You can see other books I have read, have yet to read or would like to read in my LibraryThing catalogue.
Do you have a [reading] wishlist?
Do I ever! In fact, I currently have over 4500 books on my wishlist, though I do need to update it. For those who are interested, here are ten randomly selected books that I want to read, followed by a link to the full list.
- The Science of Harry Potter: How Magic Really Works by Roger Highfield
- Pyramids by Terry Pratchett
- Discipline & Punish: The Birth of the Prison by Michel Foucault
- Melancholy Baby by Robert B. Parker
- The Brass Verdict by Michael Connelly
- Notes on a Scandal by Zoë Heller
- March Forth: The Inspiring True Story of a Canadian Soldier’s Journey of Love, Hope and Survival [Hardcover] by Trevor Greene
- Geopolitics: A Very Short Introduction by Klaus Dodds
- The Mayflower and the Pilgrims’ New World by Nathaniel Philbrick
- What Philosophers Think by Julian Baggini
What is your favourite food?
I was going to write chocolate, but then my mind started reminding me of a bunch of other foods that I love just as much, so I have put together a listography list. Here are ten random foods from my list:
- Macadamia Nuts
- Golden Gaytime
- Beef Stew
- Jelly & Custard
- Alpen Blend
- Chocolate Ice Cream
- Boysenberry Ice Cream
- Strawberry Yoghurt
- Brazil Nuts
What is the weirdest think you’ve ever eaten and did you like it?
Natto. It was okay, but I wouldn’t eat it regularly.
Do you like Vegemite?
What is your favourite colour?
What is your favourite holiday?
It used to be Halloween, but I don’t really have a favourite holiday anymore.
Do you have any tattoos?
Do you have any body modifications?
Do you take drugs?
You didn’t specify but I assume you mean the illegal kind. If so, the answer is no, I don’t.
Have you ever been arrested?
Democrat or Republican?
I live in Australia. We don’t have Democrats or Republicans. We have the Liberal National Party (or Coalition), which is actually our conservative party and the Australian Labor Party, who are more liberal. We also have a whole bunch of minor parties and independents. We have a preferential voting system and my first preference changes according to current policy and who’s actually running. I can say I’m not a fan of the Coalition.
Will you do a plug for my product/book/business?
I’m surprised at how often this question comes up considering I only have a handful of regular readers. I’m afraid the answer has to be no. I don’t do the whole advertising thing. Sorry. I am, however, happy to review stuff I’ve actually used, but be warned — if I don’t like it, I will say so.
I linked to your post. Why did you not link back?
First of all, thank you for linking to my post. I’m glad you found it interesting! Please do not take my not linking back to mean I dislike your blog. I’m sure your content is perfectly fine. However, my related links are based purely on relevance to what I have written, not on what I might read on other topics!